Istituto di Struttura della Materia, Roma, IT (ISM)
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR)
• 1 VSM VECTOR-VIBRATING SAMPLE MAGNETOMETER ADE Technologies Model-10; Hmax = 2 T, 100 < T < 770 K; Field Rotation = 0° – 360° For Measurements: Angular/Vector magnetic and magneto-transport
• 1 SQUID Quantum Design MPMS XL-5 (5.5 T, 4-380K) SQUID MAGNETOMETER Hmax = 5 T, 3 < T < 380 K for Scalar magnetic measurements
• 1 HYSTERESIGRAPH Laboratorio Elettrofisico AMH-300; Hmax = 2 T, RT < T < 500 K; Measurements: Quality test of bulk permanent magnets
The magnetic group at ISM – CNR has the main expertise in the studies of magnetic nano to bulk materials, including films, composite and complex spin systems, liquid, ferrofluids and powders. The team is devoted to research and development of advanced magnetic nanomaterials, their structural, microstructural and magnetic characterization characterizations for applications in magnetorecording, advanced thermoelectric fluids, sensors, biomedicine, cultural heritage, etc.
The measurements that can be provided as a service are:
• Magnetic and thermomagnetic characterizations of solids and liquids.
• Identification of magnetic impurities in non magnetic materials.
• Measurement of the hysteresis loops and determination of main magnetic characteristics (saturation magnetization, remanence, coercive field, demagnetization)
• High throughput measurements of BHmax in permanent magnets
• Design of advanced magnetic materials with controlled magnetic properties (nanoparticles core and core/shell with controlled size, size distribution and shape)