Istituto dei Materiali per l’Elettronica ed il Magnetismo, Parma, IT (IMEM-CNR)
- Alternating Gradient Field Magnetometer , Micromag 2900, PMC (H max= 2 T, Temperature range: RT).
- 2 VSM (Lakeshore: 2 T, 20-450 K; Oxford: 12 T, 4-300K);
- 1 SQUID Quantum Design (5.5 T, 4-800K)
- Single point detection device to probe magnetic anisotropy in polycrystalline materials (27 T, 77K-RT)
- Thermomagnetic susceptometer in a.c. (77 K-1400 K)
- Susceptometer in a.c. (77K-RT).
- 2 magnetic hyperthermia devices, Nanoscale Biomagnetism (Hmax=30 mT, fmax=429 kHz)
- Magnetic force Microscope (Nanoscope)
- Demagnetizer (1.2 T, 50 Hz)
- Home-made devices for several types of measurements: anomalous Hall effect ( 5.5 T, 4-800K), transport and magneto-transport in a.c. and d.c, dielectric constants, and nanocalorimetry (5.5 T, 4-800 K).
- Magneto-optical magnetometer and spectrometer (under construction)
The magnetic group at the IMEM – CNR is specialist of magnetic studies of nano to bulk materials, including films, powders and bulks. Research activities are mainly devoted to the growth and magnetic and structural characterizations of innovative magnetic materials for applications in sensors, magnetic recording media, nanomedicine, energy efficient technologies, magnetic refrigeration, ferromagnetic shape memory materials, permanent magnets, and nanomaterials with magnetic, plasmonics and magneto-optical properties.
The measurement services that we can provide are:
- Magnetic and thermomagnetic characterizations of solids and liquids.
- Determination of magnetic impurities in non magnetic materials.
- Measurement of the hysteresis loop and determination of operative properties like the magnetic induction, the coercive field, the demagnetization field and the energy product.
- Measurement of the hyperthermia properties of nanoparticles and magnetic colloids.
- Consulting on magnetic materials and measurements and on the state of art of magnetic materials.